10 Things to Remember When You Love An Empath
Empaths are emotionally in tune with everything around them.
Many consider Empaths to be highly sensitive.
I wrote this list to share with you 10 things you need to remember when you love an Empath.
- Feelings are HUGE for us. While others may see us as being overly sensitive, we know that feelings were designed to help guide us. We use our feelings as a compass. We honor and pay attention to them.
- If we love you then we love you deeply and with everything we have. We may even need to separate ourselves from you if we feel we need some space to recharge.
- Empaths will do everything they can for you when they love you, but we have learned the hard way that boundaries are a MUST. We only tell you no when we have decided that it is necessary.
- We value honesty and kindness above everything else. We won’t ever use our ability against you or to manipulate you.
- We can’t predict when we will have a moment of clarity. We aren’t a circus act and it happens at times that aren’t always convenient for us, either.
- Empaths are already aware that they are hard to love. It’s not unusual for an Empath to have battled abuse issues and toxic relationships on a consistent basis. Many even chose to not get involved in love relationships at all to avoid problems.
- We can’t tone ourselves down, ignore injustices or not listen to our inner voice. We might attempt it, but that would just water down who we really are.
- We can always tell when you are frustrated or upset with us. It’s just how it is.
- If you feel that loving us is a burden, please just walk away. Love shouldn’t make you feel bad and we don’t want to be the cause of that.
- Staying balanced is a constant battle. The last thing we want is your sympathy. We know that not everyone is going to “get us” but it really helps when you try.
I hope these 10 things to remember when you love an Empath were helpful for you. What have you found to be the most challenging part of being an Empath?